View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 08:35 PM   #1786
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Markeb01 Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz1963 View Post

THIS....^^^^^

Has inspired me to go down to the garage today to tidy up a bit.

If you walked into my garage right now, I suspect you would be compelled to start clearing it up, or to turn and run.

I still find your thread takes me back into old posts and reports, inspiring and kicking my own butt.

Next Sunday Bob is coming over with his van to pull the crease in my door and to show me how, so place needs to be tidier.
Thanks Rian. Inspiration from other members is what keeps me hanging around here as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duallyjams View Post
15x6 front with a square lip beauty ring that matched the 15x8 on the rear
Attachment 1325268

Thanks Duallyjams. Your photo post forced me to go back through all the links I saved looking at beauty rings. I discovered in two of them information claiming the 15x2.5” trim rings for 15x7” rims also fit the 15x6” rims. I measured both my front and back wheels and the 15x6” fronts have 3” of clearance while the 15x7” rears have 3.5” of clearance. Of course I have no idea how the beauty rings are measured, but I’m convinced that they’ll fit - enough to have ordered a set from Speedway:

I guess we’ll find out on Thursday whether they do or not.

The real deal buster for the racing discs was the thought of installing and removing them. Both of my knees are shot and stooping, squatting or kneeling down is crippling. I gave away my 3 bar knock offs for the mags because I couldn’t handle the pain of installation or removal, so beauty rings which go on once and stay there sounded much more inviting. I also think they are going to look better. I think the rally wheels are as attractive as the 5 spokes when the trim rings are in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2Don View Post
Always love checking in on you and your ongoing truck saga...

That 54 is
It was a fun car. I bought it from the original owner in dead stock condition. A 283 with the 30-30 cam, BW 4 speed and 57 rear end made it a blast to drive. Like my truck, I could never leave it alone. It changed back and forth from a hot rod with mags, to a stocker with skirts, little hubcaps and beauty rings. It was a real sleeper in that configuration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRGRS 66 View Post
X2 Always keenly interested in what you are up to Mark, love the discs on the model of your truck, I would think that they would be easy to keep clean through the winter months as well.
Thanks Craigrrr, I was thinking the same thing until the bad knees reminder popped up!