View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 03:32 AM   #167
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: Polar Bear Suburban

Thanks Devin!

Well, finally got around to getting the RayLar cam is installed and the engine is all back together. Got boxes of install parts stacking up around here like cord wood but still have a lot more bits to collect. The Howell Engine Development harness is due in any day. Looking at the holiday schedule, work travel and life things the actual install probably won’t go down until at least mid-January if not February….until then here are some pretty engine pictures to look at.

Anxious to see how a performance cam works out in a L18

The engine is actually a 2008/2009 model year unit with painted 2002 valve covers on it. It probably had less than 10,000 miles on it before tear down. I like the early textured valve covers better than the later bare pieces.

That is not the actual oil fill pipe that will be used. That one is just in there to plug the hole for now.

In a few months the Polar Bear will be looking just like the K10. I’m using the exact same recipe of install part numbers right down to the air induction piping, fuel system and ECM tune. The only difference between this one and the K10 is the Raylar cam and use of headers. I am no fan of headers so hopefully the Sanderson headers used on the Polar Bears engine will turn me in to a header lover. Mr. Larry at RayLar talked me into headers to make the best of the cam so we'll see!
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote