View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 10:00 PM   #1422
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by sduckworth13 View Post
That hood looks great Vic, looks like you got it lined up pretty nice.
Yeah, the lines are pretty close, but since taking that photo, I had to remove the hood latch to fix the guide pocket. Don't have a single one around that isn't cracked and broken where the hood pin sits. I've also determined it's going to need a pair of new hood hinges to be right. Until you get everything bolted up it's hard to tell. I could have removed the springs and checked them a long time ago, but noooo, waited until I was in the middle of the adjustment process for the light bulb to go on. Options for a pair range from $80 reproductions from Taiwan to $700 billet units from Eddie's. I may opt for Tabco pieces, though ($100 plus shipping). The website says their stuff is made in the USA and uses heavier gauge material and better manufacturing dies. You could also have new oversize rivets installed by a hinge rebuilder for around $200, but you have to factor in the time as well.

Did get the doors hung and the driver side gaps look pretty close. I'll need to massage the passenger side some. To get the door gaps to fit better on that side, I had to put 1/8" spacers between both hinge plates and the front jamb. So now I have a bit too much gap in the front, but I can manage it. The cowl will also need some work on that side as well, but I believe I can kill two birds with one stone since all the crappy gappy is in the same general vicinity.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote