View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 07:02 PM   #22
jaros44sr

Re: Vent window/Door panel area screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorpioskorpio View Post
My door panels were junk too structurally compromised from the speakers (and the leaks). Thinking I may do the Festlerbuilt panels, though they are not cheap and are made out of styrene which doesn't excite me. Wish they were fiberglass like all the other panels they did, then I could just send them over to Just Dashes and have them vacuform dash vinyl on them, I'm not sure styrene will hold up to the process since there is heat involved.

LOL yea well my top came of once and I sold it. It was in pretty sad shape, good hatch though. But after one too may trips with a canoe or row boat or whatever they had on the roof the sag was pretty terrible, the roll bar was actually holding the roof up. All that is gone now and will be doing a halftop (like yours, matter of fact I think yours came from Boneyard too, no?). I'm planning on doing an early Shelby Mustang convertible style bar to mount the shoulder belts to, we'll see how that goes.
I don t think it s a boneyard, it has a MTP serial number in its plaque....
Yeah, i plan to mount my 5 point harness to a rectangial aluminum roll bar

I ll back out for now, see ya in the projects, i ve hijacked the hell outta this poor guys thread

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote