View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 08:38 AM   #400
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustymarco View Post
i start my project like a month ago (56 stepside on 2007 trailblazer rolling chassis) without know if others have done the same project, after i start i search in the web and i found a bunch of similar project and i like to see how every body have different ways to figure it out put all together, the only problem that i have for now is the front wheel clearance when the wheels are full turned, i want the truck the most low possible but there is my limit the front wheels. and is not easy to find rims whit less offset than the originals so i think the only way is put very low tires on 17" rims.
for the floor i do this way because i use 4x4 trans
rustymarco: 4x4? That will be interesting. Have not seen a 4x4 done yet. Although you have the front drive axles going through the oil pan, I can't imagine that the geometry is that much different than my 2WD. Keep an eye on Ricky's (Ricott) build. You can find him on my thread. In general, all I did was install the body on the frame so it looked like it was lowered. All the suspension is stock. No apparent wheel/body interference at this time on my build. I am using factory Trailblazer wheels and the offset is fine. Ricky utilized after market wheels and, if I remember correctly, will be lowering his more than mine. Remember, include a lot of pictures for our entertainment. Good luck.....dug
dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote