View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015, 01:05 AM   #1463
Cash3481
Loves all GMC trucks

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Vic,
I bought $6600 worth of sheet metal a few months ago in June. My friend had a terrible time with his rear crossmember. Eventually, classic parts admitted they had a bad batch of them and he got another one sent to his home. That didnt work either so they promissed him another on the next batch. Months later... No contact and he was constant with his contact and finally he had to go get it since I picked up his stuff for him. Reason I say all this is that it took them 4 months to get good one in and he told me they bought that one from another supplier after his repeated attempts to get it replaced.
I love classic parts and they usually take care of me, but I wasn't the broker of that deal just the transportation so they didn't want to talk to me.
All of this to qualify me saying that the rear crossmember bolts wouldn't line up correctly and he had to massage them and the bed sides and it still didn't work.
I didn't read all the issues you had with your bed but it might have contributed to your situation. Just don't assume the metal has the holes in the correct places. If I'm out of line I appologize. Happy New Years.