bj383ss

Re: 64 C10 Stepside "Jaybird"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2Don View Post
Very Nice…
Thanks Don.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62 Barnfind View Post
That engine looks killer Bret! Good job!
Thanks John can't wait til you can come and see it in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapstr's65 View Post
So is that green the color Chevy motors came in that era? Which by the way your motor looks great.
This color is Detroit Diesel Green. Which is very close but not exact original. I am going for a hot rod style so it didn't have to be spot on for me and I was able to get the paint at the local O'Riellys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjminino View Post
oh hell yeah that looks phenomenal!
Thank You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodder350 View Post
Been off line for almoest a year which makes your progres look outstanding. I'm all cought up now and now I can see hwo you do such good work thansferring that wood working eye to metal shows. Forgive me for asking but did you spray that Loktite converter in the overhead of the cab? As a former sailer I have a natural aversion to rust. Hope to start a thred as soon as I get time.

Bill
Thank you so much. I did not spray in the overhead cab. I wanted to as I don't want any rust but there is still some rust you can't see or get to. I did not want to take the roof off as it is a lot of work. I did spray a little in the front eyebrow area when I did the patch repair. I had a look inside and the rust wasn't that bad just mainly surface rust which is to be expected.

Look forward to you build thread. Thanks for stopping in.