View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 02:42 PM   #11
AirSpeed

Re: Anyone ever had luck getting summit to honor a warrantee for a bad crate engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65standard View Post
Many factors can contribute to it being a dog. A bad combination of parts, like carb, intake, exhaust, rear end gearing, torque converter, timing, tune, etc....

If it has good oil pressure, compression, and runs great, there is nothing wrong on summits end.
Gone through all that, my last engine ran great until the head gasket blew, used all the same components with no luck, then tried new carb, distrubutor, wires, plugs, there's nothing on the engine that hasn't been replaced and none made a difference. Was told by Summit that's what I've tried is what they recomend. There's got to be an issue inside. Can't imagine what it can be since three different mechanics, each with 20 to 30 years experience are absolutely perplexed. The one who has it now installed three of the same engines in the last month, one in the same truck as mine with exact same components and those run great, very strong. I know there was nothing wrong with the install, it's pretty fool proof.
AirSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote