View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 11:04 AM   #26
C20ELEPHANT

Re: Need info on 68 chevy crew cab

The truck Trevor posted was the family truck purchased new in 1968 or 1969 and remained in the family til around 1978. If memory serves me correctly and still looking for a picture of it in two door form. Purchased from Midway Chevrolet just north of Van Buren on Grand Ave. in Phoenix, Az.

The City of Phoenix had a number of these trucks used in daily operations throughout the valley and believe that is where my father got the idea, just do not remember who modified the truck, but hey I was in third grade and do remember alot so far.

I have posted another picture and I think it came with 16.5 split rims and if you look at some of the pictures posted my father them replaced with a 8" or 10" wide wheel with a Cooper tire, real wide ones.

Now comes the fun part of this site, reminiscing about some of the trucks that family or friends had while I was growing up.

My sister owned the two following trucks, the first was the 1962 and her first vehicle

1962 C10 short bed with a 235 L6 three on the tree til it was converted to the floor and the BIG rear window.

The second was a 1972 C10 4x4 350 cu. with the 4 speed granny, I loved that truck but she would rarely if ever let me drive it like I did her 1962...

A friend of ours Kevin worked at wrecking yards and was always switching vehicles, several notables.

1965 Carryall/Surburban he eventually put a 396 in it but with the 4 speed granny transmission was kinda of slug

He also owned a 1964 GMC shortbed stepside with the godawful looking hood.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...419525&page=19

One other notable was a 1960? GMC 1/2ton truck long bed with the boat anchor of a v6 motor, that thing was like the energizer bunny, it just kept going.

Take a look at the pictures I believe the wheels were a split rim, ya I'm one of the little terrors in the picture and my two older brothers and a cousin from Nebraska. I'm the one in the middle on my Schwinn..

You guys have room for my Elephant, had her for around 20 years..

Mike
Attached Images

Last edited by C20ELEPHANT; 01-05-2015 at 11:12 AM.
C20ELEPHANT is offline   Reply With Quote