View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 12:51 AM   #63
Vic1947

Re: '57 Ford Custom 300 Tudor Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsanborn View Post
I'm liking this! Your ability to share the build matches your ability to build. Keepem coming Vic!
Thanks, John. My main limitation is pictures ...didn't take as many as I should have. At least I finally scanned them in and put them in order - thinking maybe I'd do a website one day. Little did I know that forums would develop the way they have. Makes it a lot easier on us old timers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot949 View Post
Got ya... I love looking at the history... I was excited to see how far along you have gotten... T-Minus 5 months... lol
[Groan] I'm all about the time crunch now. Lately, I've been going back down to the shop after supper for a couple of hours in addition to my daily routine. Only do the forum during breaks or early / late. However, I'm very nearly caught up.

By mid 2007 we'd acquired a fifth wheel RV and for the next three years very little got done on the Ford. I inventoried all my stainless trim and hand delivered a single piece to two different restorers as a test. The one shop did an excellent job and was very prompt. The other guy took 6 months for one piece of trim and then shipped it via UPS in a FedEx box. It was delivered folded in half. To add insult to injury, the dipsh!t didn't insure it for enough to cover a new one. So I located another restorable piece in Oregon and shipped it and the rest of the stainless to Vintage Vehicles in WI. They did a fabulous job and just to be safe, we drove to WI to pick it up.

I also discussed a custom front end design with my buddy Steve. He and his cousin Charles Smith whipped out an old school approach and sent me a sketch. Later on, Charlie updated it in PhotoShop and sent me several rendering with different headlight suggestions. I began the search for the parts I needed and was able to acquire all of them over the next few years.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote