bj383ss

Re: 64 C10 Stepside "Jaybird"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjminino View Post
Hell yeah!
Thank You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2Don View Post
Been a minute since I checked in… Lotsa great work going on...

Guess I'll have to get you a shirt in the mail, got some ordered, all out of stock right now...

P.S. I'll post a pic of a piston outta an old Shovelhead I had...
Thanks Don.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz1963 View Post
Looking great from here Bret !!

Good spray day has to be even better, getting it mid January.

The runs on the back of my cab looks like a shower door glass after a good shower, the rest of the truck is equally bad, so I know there is a load of prep ahead.

Your progress, despite a few setbacks, has been great, no doubt aided by your actual aspirations for doing the truck justice.

Well done so far mate.
Thank You Rian. I am still agitated by the runs on the back and haven't been out to see how it all looks completely dry. Going to drop by today after work and see how the bad the runs are. I saw some tips online of using a razor blade to shave down runs. Might save me some time sanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yj4000 View Post
Progress! Looks good. I can't wait to start on my '68 GMC. I need to finish my new pole barn first. Today and yesterday is the first time in a couple weeks it's been above freezing or the teens for that matter. Keep up the good work.

Ryan
Thank You Ryan. Yes the weather was in the 70's for 3 days and then we are dropping back to the 40's. I plan to get the back sanded and prepped and ready to shoot for when the next 70* day my popup. If not have to wait til March

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
i sure hope you'll be nice to that beautiful green and polished aluminum motor you're working on... it looked to me like you thrashed your other motor builds until parts were sticking out all over the place.
be nice to this one, its too pretty to blowup.

closing in on break in time...
No problem there Clem. All those motors where my teenage years. I still have a heavy foot but this motor is bone stock so no use in pushing it hard. Just a cruiser. Before my father in law died and we talked about the truck he made me promise I would not put a hot rod engine in it. So keeping my promise. Plus the fact that the older I get the more I just want the engine to run good, sound good, and be dependable. Those hot rod motors with high lift cams always need some attention of some sort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
Hopefully it holds together a long time
It should at least until my young ones become of driving age.