View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 12:50 PM   #21
Z10

Re: C-10's at Barret Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBay69 View Post
I'm a total waste for even barging in here by saying "I'm building a 69" with zero pictures AND this is my first post ever BUT...is using certain features from other year trucks on the year you own really frowned upon?! I have a 69 but went with 5 lugs axles/hubs, 71-72 mirrors, and added stainless trim to the windshield and rear window. They all "look" factory and were done with genuine GM stuff as much as possible. I love the design and look of these trucks so much but liked certain things from certain years/trims so I put together some, what I thought, tasteful options. I mean I've seen hundreds of 67-68 front clips on 69-72 trucks and I think it's great. I think that 69 at auction, with 71-72 grille/bumper, looks great! My truck is a factory SWB fleet with a 350/3 ott. I bought the 290hp 350 to keep the older valve cover bolt locations and put a 700R4 for better drivability. Am I "that guy"? I would think the wild c notch/bag/shaved everything crowd would get more heat. I think all the ways we do these trucks up is a positive thing. They are truly the most beautiful trucks ever built and there are some great minds out there exploiting that.
I'm that guy too. I want the best of both worlds, the looks of the C10 with the comfort, convenience, fuel economy, & handling of a much newer truck.

I've gone the "Factory Original" route with my 69 camaro. It's not 100% original but pretty close. It also drives and handles like a 45 year old car. I love it and will probably pass it down to my kids. But it's really not much fun to drive other than around town. I would so love to restomod this car, but because only about 300 were made, I'd be crazy to do it. (Z/10). So, I took a different round with my 72 GMC. I want it to look stock, but not behave stock.

GM made literally hundreds of thousands of these trucks, they will never be rare. Desirable yes.

1979 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 & 1979 Pontiac Trans Am 10th Anniversary
1999 Honda Valkyrie
2006 Corvette Z06
2010 BMW 650i
Z10 is offline   Reply With Quote