View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 05:17 PM   #335
bj383ss

Re: 64 C10 Stepside "Jaybird"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2Don View Post
Just adds to the fun… being a rookie that is... I'm dealing with lots rookie things at my end…
Thanks Don. And thanks for letting me know about Donnie. Haven't had a chance to call him yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
i hear ya bro... don't get down on yourself. theres just a ton of things that can go wrong in paint work. even the most experienced painter can get major mishaps. and doing stuff twice, i guess its part of the deal. a good way to look at it is... its only time, not thousands of dollars you'd be spending to have someone else do it for you. and the DIY pride when finished will be huge.
Thanks Clem. Really appreciate you support and everyone's on this forum. I tend to be my own worst critic wanting everything to be perfect. It is part of my personality striving to be a perfectionist and having a touch of OCD. In the end I keep telling myself it is a "50 year old truck" and is going to be a driver not a show truck. So it doesn't have to be perfect. Most of the mistakes I make would never be spotted by anyone except maybe another car or truck guy. I felt the same way when the seam sealer on the roof messed up and I got that straightened out. Its not about the obstacle when run into but how we got around them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ's Chevy View Post
Bj yer engine is

Good work man! Reminds me of getting mine! lol
Thanks TJ. Can't wait to see you new one under the hood and burning rubber!