Thread: 75 Dually build
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 12:39 AM   #234
75Dually

Re: 75 Dually build

Great night to be in the shop. Started by taking the air ride valve apart on the #1 (drivers side front) assembly. Cleaned that dude until it was sparkling inside, made sure there was not a spec of anything on or in it, and then reassembled it. Fired up the truck and let the air system fill up, and that dude still was bleeding air past! I have cleaned that valve several times and it still bleeds air past and lets the front end rise up! Arrrggg!!!

Guys what am I doing wrong? It is letting air past the valve and allowing the front end to creep up on the front corner only, but the seals and the valve is spotless. What else should I be looking at? What have you guys experienced and how did you fix it? Please let me know...

We also got the drivers fender off the bench and bolted it up to the frame work for giggles and grins. Took the drivers side front fender off (now that I have a clean work table!) and started to strip it down so I can start the body work on it. Trying to get some work done while the weather is cooperating for the next 2 days, then we get cold again until early next week.

I want to get both front fenders in primer by mid next week, but that depends on the weather...

Let me know your thoughts on the air ride valve, need some help!
Attached Images

75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote