View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 09:40 PM   #348
bj383ss

Re: 64 C10 Stepside "Jaybird"

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
very nice work... love the effect that eggshell satin gives.
Thanks Clem. I appreciate the support you gave in an earlier post. It helps keep me motivated by the tremendous support on this forum. I would really like to come to your event in October with Rian and Martin but I don't think I will be able to make it this year. Hopefully when my truck is done maybe I can make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yj4000 View Post
Nice! I got the same way when I painted. I feel like I need to hurry before the paint dries in the gun or something. I know it won't but like you said just work on the technique. Keep up the progress. Looks great. Best of all your learning from the mistakes. There are a lot of people that don't have the ability to. They put the blame on other things.

Ryan.
You are spot on about the hurrying. I feel like I am trying to disarm a bomb and only have a few seconds left before it goes off. Plus after all the runs I was a little gun shy. But I setup a big cardboard against the wall to check the flow of paint and spray pattern. I also heated the truck up with the 2 big halogen lights I have and warmed the paint, hardener, and reducer in the kitchen sink in warm water for about 30 minutes. As you said to make a mistake is human to make it twice well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ's Chevy View Post
Good work bud!
Thanks TJ. Still waiting to see your 292 come together. I forgot to post it but I found a picture on facebook of a guy that put a 6-71 blower on his inline six. Was going to post it in your thread but can't find it now. Not sure what kind of an intake he was using it. At first I thought it was yours because it looked almost identical and then I saw the timing chain cover and it didn't have the detail you put on yours.