View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 08:44 PM   #651
thotfulspot

Re: How about some pics of bagged 47-59

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWALK View Post
By the way, thanks to everyone for the compliments!

My original intentions were to notch the frame and lift the bed 5-7 inches but realized only had to lift the bed 2-3 inches. No mods were made to the frame. Installed a RideTech parallel 4-link, tubbed the inner fenders and widened the rear exterior fenders by 2" to accomodate the 22x12. In hindsight, the tubs weren't really necessary. There would have been ample clearance for the air bags to travel. Try this link: http://www.my57chevytruck.com/?p=148

I'll try to dig up some more pics and post later.
My wife is really tired of me trying to decide which direction to go. I finally decided to go the Porterbuilt route and either tub across the dropmember or build a 2 level floor which would rise for the dropmember and continue the raised bed to the tailgate. That would give me room to stash the air management system and batteries. I plan on some rake, but not as much as yours. Potholes and speed bumps would eat the front bumper.

I like the bucket seats in the cab. I'm a foot taller than my wife so a bench seat won't work if I want to keep my knees. I've been looking at buckets and split benches. Buckets would give me all the transmission space I need for a LS motor and 4L80.

Yours turned out great. Love the exhaust out of the front fenders.
thotfulspot is offline   Reply With Quote