View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 02:07 AM   #1
jeffg1010

So, I pulled into Ryan Newman's driveway...

(and a bunch of guys said "Who's Ryan Newman?")

For those who don't recognize the name, Ryan is a NASCAR driver and a damn cool guy with a SWEET (and diverse) car collection.

So, I own the company that does the substance abuse testing for NASCAR. At the beginning of every season, NASCAR requires EVERYONE (3000+ people)to retake their drug test in order to get their new NASCAR license.

We visit some of the shops to do large group testing events for large teams like Hendrick, Stewart Haas, or Joe Gibbs Racing. And some team members/drivers will visit our office in Mooresville. The drivers on the other hand have pretty demanding schedules with sponsorship appearances, etc. (and in Ryans case... fishing) so we try to accomodate their schedules.

Ryan called and asked me if I could swing by his house to knock it out and I was happy to accomodate. When I pulled in the driveway there was a SWEET 59 Impala wagon sitting in the driveway. THEN, he came rolling up in a primered '66 Chevy longbed, so of course we started talking cars. I was commenting on the wagon, and how I had been checking out a '64 Nova wagon at Johnny Davis' (NASCAR XFinity Series team owner) shop earlier in the day. I mentioned I loved wagons as daily drivers and how I use to have a '70 Suburban as a daily driver. He said "A 3 door?" and I said "Yep" then he made a huge mistake by saying "I've got one in the garage".

Now, I am in love. I want this truck. And he said he would sell it to me. And the price is decent! Anybody seen it on here before???

1986 C30 Crewcab - 63K original miles, original paint

Members I have met: mikey531, gcburdic, bashed, burbman69, TonyPieras, Blazester, GCncsuHD, custombuilt67-72, tsnow678, highrpm, PanelDeland, tanman722001, 47thriftmaster, babyblueoval, 68stepbed, JesseWebb, Andy4639, xs-style, TobyArnot, BigOrange, frednoah, brn_agn, k5hart, Graham57a, bhelton, AJohn6, SilverC10, 69CST, '71 Flame, RaceAGMC, Liz, Josh, MattPSU, 68corvair, Chevy350V8, mdeal, ccrorymc, mrhurt73, dmxxpert, Custom68, 84GMC, BionicABs1, BigBlockBurris, Ebfabman, ATP...
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote