View Single Post
Old 02-14-2015, 10:13 PM   #3
Axe

Re: Lifting a dually opinions needed

The first thing is to figure out what you really want to do with your truck. Do you still want to haul trailers and such or just build an offroad toy. Then decide what size tires you want to go with, after that you will know what size lift you want. If you are going to haul trailers and heavy loads, the stocks springs and no more than a 4" lift blocks in the back would be best I believe. New lift springs for the rear just aren't as heavy duty as the stocks will be. You can get 56" rear springs in 3/4 and 1ton lifts, the difference is the front part of the lift. The 3/4 ton is the same u-bolts and stuff as a half ton, a true 1 ton has a dana 60 in front which will have larger u-bolts and the right front spring , inside is not u-bolts it is 2 bolts or studs. So make sure you order for the right thing. As far as the dual wheels it is up to you, if you only run a single wheel in the rear then you will have too remove the front spacers so the tires will match, but if you run dual rear wheels then you will need to get a spacer to go between the wheels so the tires will not touch. National tire and wheel have pretty good prices on the lifts as far as the brand, they all are about the same until you get to an 8" lift then superlift is about the only option. When you look for a lift get one that has the shocks included, a lot of the brands are over rated. I have used most of them, the only lift that I would would consider paying more for is BDS Lifts and the only reason is they have a lifetime warranty on their stuff even if your in a wreck and break their stuff they will replace it. Anyway maybe this might help you a little, just don't get in a hurry a do a lot of research. I'm running a 8" suspension and 3" body lift with 47" tires (a lot of fender cutting) but is still legal by height laws in my state. Also running a 1 ton running gear.
Attached Images

Axe is offline   Reply With Quote