View Single Post
Old 02-15-2015, 04:57 PM   #4
dieseldawg142

Re: Lifting a dually opinions needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe View Post
The first thing is to figure out what you really want to do with your truck.
Exactly-figure out what you want to do with the truck first
i haul a camper & tow a quad trailer with my K30, so i kept stock rear leaves (new) & went with flips & a block. rides like hell, but hauls like it too.
if your looking for a nicer ride, go rear leafs, but they will eventually sag if you load them all the time....mind you, if you go over 6", unless your going coil-overs, pretty much kiss away any kind of nice ride anyways...
3/4 ton front springs are fine in a 1 ton. dont see a lot of weight variances up front.
up to 6", on a 1 ton you shouldn't have driveshaft troubles (i'm running almost stock shafts with a 8" lift). you will need longer brake lines (forget drop brackets) & have to address your e-brake mount, steering, 2 thoughts there, i will not suggest, people choose whats best for them, corrected drop gear or cross-over. be prepared to spend some money if you want it up there, then be prepared to spend a bunch more when it's time to buy new, bigger tires to fill that lift....
personally i love the look of a lifted dually, right around 6" is sweet...8" is even better....
dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote