Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 01:12 AM   #662
Titomars

Re: Restoring Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregski View Post
man I soooo dont wanna, they look so pretty and shinny and new and dry too, and I really don't trust my freeze plug installations I don't think I am that good at it, so I avoid em when ever possible, hee hee
they may look clean and shinny from the outside but consider this. Freeze plugs rot from the inside out. Those two you did replace where in the rear sides of the block. that's where the deposits and cooling system sludge build up and why those 2 failed. Now look where the two rear ones are.
I understand where you are coming from but those two are easy to get at. If you don't trust yourself after you change them, fill the cooling system and leave it for a day with a nice clean pan under it. Any leaks should show themselves after 24 hrs.

I am on a budget with my baby too. But there are certain things that should be done while a major assembly is out. Trust me when you get done stabbing that 2,000lb trans back in you will not want to pull it back out any time soon! How I work my builds is if something comes up, I redirect the funds I was saving for something Like a Stereo to go towards that job that keeps her on the road and happy. When my truck is happy it comes back to me two fold as I drive her.

Last edited by Titomars; 02-16-2015 at 01:21 AM.
Titomars is offline   Reply With Quote