Thread: 73-87 4x4s
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 03:12 PM   #862
95gmc

Re: 73-87 4x4s

These are my two nephews and their trucks. The older one is 15 with the two tone truck. The younger is 13 with the red truck.. The red truck has been my brothers truck since he was 17 he used it as a daily driver/mudder then it became a farm and wood truck. It hadn't ran for about three years and was parked. One day before a mud run my nephew wanted to drive it (his brother was driving in it in the two tone truck him and his dad put together) do my brother called me I came over we swapped motors from a old van he had got on trade for dirt work. We knew nothing about the motor other than it ran but had a miss. We gave it a full tune up, put a new clutch on it, and a quadrajet carb. Put it in that night had it running in the morning and it was ready for its glory days again with a much younger driver. Just a short story to go along with a picture.

The two tone Chevy my nephew bought with his own money ( doing straw and hay all summer) had a 305 with no intake, gas tank, or seat. Hadn't ran for a while, had the 4inch lift 3/4ton with a turbo 350. They picked it up for $400 had all the parts at home they needed. Put it together changed all the fluids. Fired right up. These kids love these trucks. The best thing is they help their dad do everything and they work for the money to build them.
Attached Images

95gmc is offline   Reply With Quote