View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 06:20 AM   #32
l92powered77

Talking Re: 1977 c10 6.2 L92/6l80e swap.. pics

..... UPDATE ...

---Ok hey guys how goes it to all hope all is well.

Really interesting things happening in my garage.So i measured for driveshaft and i came to realization that i have the dreaded triangle like piece output shaft from a camaro ss and other rear independant suspension vehicles;which my c10 obviously will not have independant rear suspension meaning nobody could warranty a driveline they could make for me because i would encounter infinite vibration and eventually destroy the driveshaft. hahaahhaa i said very funny big learning curve but yes i was hurting inside and my pockets felt lighter at these very moments .

.. So i now knew what i had to do and no i was not gonna be the one yelling sell it too much trouble, so i have spoken to a place in murrieta,ca called Cunningham Motorsports who are sponsors on ls1tech;i spoke to these guys a long time ago before i even had my engine or was even realistically in planing stages of ls swap.I spoke to them over phone and went to their shop one day and saw them and heard them dyno tuning Z06 corvettes and ctsv's and that afternoon i kicked into high gear and started researching everything.Of course hearing those vehicles being dyno tuned in my presence had alot to do with this.So i remembered they had recommended TOY SHOP TRANSMISSIONS in Pomona,ca as being the best place to get a tranny worked on.Since i got a fresh rebuilt 6l80e from a current chevrolet employee i never worried about calling the toy shop but when i started inquiring about changing my tailshaft to a normal slip yoke style NOBODY absolutely NOBODY in the MODESTO to Bakersfield area even wanted to touch my tranny and had never heard of what i wanted to do and all thought i was crazy for thinking it was a ""cakewalk"" to put a escalade drivetrain in my 77 c10 hahahaha so yeah really interesting turn of event i guess it was a good surprise because at least the postive side was that no incompetent people molested my tranny and tinkered with my yoke area.So i indeed called the TOY SHOP and as i was going through 1 minute explanation of what i had and what i problem i needed and what i wanted done i was interupted by KENDALL the awesome employee at toy shop and immediately told me yeah sorry to interupt but we do that quite frequently and went into all the details about the job and parts and time frame and all that.500 he said i decided ok fine because i was not gonna go source another tranny because A i had a fresh internals 6l80e and it wasnt garanteed i could sell and buy a decent tranny to actually let me sleep peacefully at night and B my psi conversion harness i had ordered and already installed in my truck was specifically made for my aplication of 2008 L92 engine with a 6l80e tranny so i was not gonna return and modify a harness and downtime and shipping to new jersey back and forth from california .

So yeah i took it to Toy Shop and it was ready in 2 days.Tranny is now back in my truck i am waiting for the 2 stock oem tranny mount bolts to bolt up tranny with xmember .I will be able to use the Tejas steel works crossmember but will have to take off the adaptor plate that scoty so kindfully made for me after so much stressing about and measuring. So now i bought a t400 yoke that slip right into my new tail end . I got tranny dipstick mounted as well as engine dipstick dipstick both from lokar,since my drive train came with no dipsticks and had to purchase as a matter of need.

I expect to be measuring for driveshaft this weekend and for efan relays to be mounted . I am waiting for a cooling line fitting that had AN fittings on the base plate oem style where the cooling lines come out of tranny. Also need to figure out the power steering lines situation.all hosing should be on engine this weekend all fluids should be going in as well.

1.I need to order gauges i was gonna go dakota digital because the autometer ones and all sensors are very enpensive i believe over 1200!!! and dakota digital is 700 so yes big difference .I am contacting Colorado Speed tomorrow and asking about gauge prices as i was told they have cheap gauges.Does anyone know where i can get auto meter style gauges electrical style for under 1000? Hopefully a vendor here or a shop owner can cut a c10 fanatic a deal. Just in case probaly going dakota digital .

2. I removed seats and carpet and terrible foam sound deadending material and was surprised by rust in feet area driver side being worse than pasanger so i got wire wheel and acetone and went crazy on the floor area by cleaning and rust removal and i got rustoleum rust primer and right now just barely finished primering the whole floor area of truck.Once it dries i think maybe i will add again in more damaged areas and i have a qt here of rustoleum protective enamel in flat black and was gonna make floor all black so i can then put my dynamat extreme and really get heat and sound relief inside vehicle. I was curious about spraying the rubber underbody spray on the floor instead of just painting black but what do you guys think?? I am leaning towards just painting black and have nice surface for dynamat to be placed on instead of putting it on the rubber like material that is the underbody spray. I have a new dashboard from classic industries i will install soon and new door panels all black.

.....LITTTLE BY LITTLE SLOWLY BUT SURELY ....She is coming along!

PICS TO FOLLOW.

feel free to ask any questions or give opinions whatever is appreciated .

Last edited by l92powered77; 04-16-2015 at 06:47 AM.
l92powered77 is offline   Reply With Quote