View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 02:24 PM   #182
FarmerSid

Re: 1952 Chevy Vette Roadmaster LT1 Farm Truck Build

Thanks master builder 99!

JJorgensen52 - Thanks for the tip. I think I'm going to go with the spherical bearings on the ends just for that reason.

It's going to be tuff to explain how I got the axle center marked on the frame. I have a cross brace across the frame just to the back of the IFS cross member. I laid a 4' ruler parallel to the frame rails across it and the core support member in the middle and clamped it down. I did this cause the frame rails are not parallel. I put a wheel in the fender opening and centered it. Then squared up the wheel to that ruler. Equal distance from the back and front of the tire to the ruler. I then laid a round rod in the center hole of the wheel till it touched the frame and rested and leveled it on a jack stand about a foot away from the outside the wheel. The rod was about 3' long.

I squared the rod to the rim and placed a mark on the frame. I then transferred the center mark to the other rail by using a framing square against the 4' ruler still clamped parallel to the frame rails. I also measured many times from factory frame holes and the front of the frame to ensure the axle center mark was correct.

Hope you understand how I did it.

My Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=632938
FarmerSid is offline   Reply With Quote