View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 09:53 AM   #187
JJorgensen52
Simple? What's simple?

Re: New project! The "Red Herring"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Looks like the fenders need some work to fit the cowl. Bummer, always something more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerSid View Post
How's the bottom of the fender fit where it wraps around under? The fenders contour fit good to the recess in the outer cowl?
I know it! They actually fit better underneath the cowl than I expected, and the contour (at least on this side) fits nicely with all the holes lining up easily (once I figured out that the bolts at the bottom of the inner fender need to be loose to line it up) - it's just that section in the center that kicks out a bit. I also don't have my rear cab mounts bolted up (this just occurred to me this morning) so maybe if I'm really lucky, it's just that the back of the cab is scooted over a little bit and getting it centered would help with the angle.

Since I have to cut out the flange in this portion anyway, it shouldn't be too bad just to tack in a little extra metal there and match the curve. Hopefully going to get the other side hung tonight, and then work up my game plan and start cutting and welding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
The gauges look good haven't seen that company. How do the prices compare to using Dakota Digital?
If you buy one of their off-the-shelf packages, the price is pretty comparable. For what we're doing here... maybe not so much . Since this is a one-off set, there's a chunk of money going into the design side of it. This is one of the few things I'm willing to pay a premium on, because I really wasn't a fan of any of the ready made packages and you stare at them THE WHOLE TIME you're in the truck. I'd rather have it just so, because otherwise I'd be perpetually annoyed by it
'66 Impala SS convertible 327-QJet-glide (4 speed swap one of these days...) Photos
'69 CST/10 4x4 SWB Stepper 350 2bbl - NV4500/NP241C (Broken Truck!)
'72 Sierra Grande 2WD LWB fleetside 350-TH350 Refresh
'99 K2500 Silverado RCLB 5.7 Vortec - NV4500/NP241C (Daily)
'99 K2500 Suburban 7.4 Vortec - NV4500/NP246 (still working out the bugs)
SOLD
'71 Custom/10 2WD LWB fleetside - '72 GMC K/3500 Dually (Sold to redryder)
JJorgensen52 is offline   Reply With Quote