View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 01:21 AM   #188
JJorgensen52
Simple? What's simple?

Re: New project! The "Red Herring"

Alrighty. So the passenger's fender fits better, but the inner fender not as well?? I've given up on figuring out why it is the way it is, I'll just fix it .

Nice, tight gap at the cowl (the lower brace is missing on this side, so it's not bolted at the bottom but it pushes into place nicely)

And dropped the hood back on:

I have a couple hood related questions:

Both sides are like this - like the cowl is too wide for the hood. Is there an adjustment for that? It's popped up at the center of the rear edge and too narrow at the sides; seems like maybe the cowl seal would help? I figured out how to get it to come down and back to line up the fenders, so otherwise the fit is decent.

Second question: Has anybody ever had to extract a broken pivot bolt? My lower driver's side bolt snapped off ... off course it was about 1/2 a turn from bottoming out so there's NOTHING to grab onto ... figures.

On a different subject, I got a whole pile of boxes today - I had a 20% off coupon for one of the vendors so I grabbed a whole pile of weatherstripping, trim, glass, etc.

Two highlights:

Name the vehicle of origin! They should fit nicely on the rear panel above the bumper and below the tailgate.

Also, I'm toying with the idea of installing TF style V8 badges on the truck, and I was hoping to use the fender either behind the front wheel or behind the headlight, but there is too much curvature so it won't sit flat against the panel. I tried a couple different arrangements on the hood:

I think #3 is probably my favorite - I'd just move the 100 badge directly up, so it's the same distance above the GMC as it used to be below.

Thoughts? I'm not set on using them at all, but in my mind I thought it might look good so I figured I'd try it out. If not they'll make nice wall art
'66 Impala SS convertible 327-QJet-glide (4 speed swap one of these days...) Photos
'69 CST/10 4x4 SWB Stepper 350 2bbl - NV4500/NP241C (Broken Truck!)
'72 Sierra Grande 2WD LWB fleetside 350-TH350 Refresh
'99 K2500 Silverado RCLB 5.7 Vortec - NV4500/NP241C (Daily)
'99 K2500 Suburban 7.4 Vortec - NV4500/NP246 (still working out the bugs)
SOLD
'71 Custom/10 2WD LWB fleetside - '72 GMC K/3500 Dually (Sold to redryder)
JJorgensen52 is offline   Reply With Quote