View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 12:55 PM   #4
davem815

Re: Ol' Green '70 GMC C2500 Father/Son

My history with these truck goes back to when they were new. My father bought a '71 in Nov. '74. I remember riding around as a family (2 parents and 3 kids) in the cab, vacationing in TN and camped out of a bed topper, dad getting the truck stuck in the mud more than once, and drift busting hood high drifts in the Blizzard of '78 (2 wheel drive).

I got to drive this truck occasionally after I got my license and remember the 3OTT and manual steering. The truck has been sitting since my father passed away in '87. My ultimate goal is to restore it, if it isn't in too bad of shape. We just added my name to the title and remove my fathers over Christmas break. I knew it would be too big of a project and take too long to get road worthy for my son, so we looked for something else.

We were looking for something different than my father's. (It a base model '71 Chevy C20 2wd LB, with 307 and 3OTT, no PS, no radio) Maybe a 4x4, or Highlander, or Sierra/Sierra Grande. So we got a '70 GMC C2500 307 with 4 sp manual. Almost the same truck! Except a , wife and son both liked the GMC grill better. It has definitely grown on me and I think I like it better than the Chevy's, although I'm still partial to the '71/'72 Chevy grill because of my dad's. Would have liked '71-'72 for front power disc brakes, but that will be a good upgrade project for Connor someday.

Last edited by davem815; 04-23-2015 at 01:04 PM.
davem815 is offline   Reply With Quote