View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 04:15 PM   #356
JWall
Frequent Flyer

Re: 1 Owner 1976 SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by burb1085 View Post
So if you were to do some tire shredding doughnuts, the rear end wouldn't be in danger of flying off? l.o.l. I've heard allot of guys talking about "how inferior the 2 link is." I like to try one, because it looks like it would be the easiest, least expensive set up.
Well... I cant say the rearend couldn't twist some if you had a big horsepower motor or something... hard for me to say for sure or guarantee it.

I can say personally I've never had any issues with a 2 link under normal driving conditions & an occasional burnout or launch in my old 94 Chevy truck with Ekstensive kit (not that it was big horsepower).

RedRat has a two link on his truck also. Now he did add a few link bars to his to try to eliminate the possibility of anything like this happening.
He's got a pretty rowdy big block in it. He doesn't have a lot of miles on it since rebuild but no issue on his either.

Yes, 2 links get bashed quite often but the ride quality, simplicity, & clean look of Ekstensives kit has me going back to them again & I see a lot of their stuff out there.
JWall is offline   Reply With Quote