View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 12:18 AM   #1955
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Markeb01 Build Thread

It was a beautiful 75 degree day yesterday, so we spent 4 hours driving around town in the truck having fun while taking care of some tasks. The air conditioner got its first opportunity to show off, and man was it nice. Just enough to make the cab comfortable and not over chilled – on the lowest blower setting.

I’m ready to resume the kitchen overhaul project, but with company coming for Mother’s day, I had to leave things alone and find something else to do. So after achieving very little modeling activity over the last 10 years, I decided it was time to get some things done so I could really progress.

In all, I painted five 1/25 scale models today. A 40 Ford convertible for my wife, a Willys gasser, two 57 Ford sedans, and a 52 Chevy fastback. Testor’s De Ja Blue, Mystic Green, and Tamiya’s TS-14 Gloss Black. All of them turned out much nicer than the snapshots indicate:

Some of them have been waiting years for paint. I’ve grown to really hate painting models, since it requires nearly as much work as doing an actual car if you want the results to turn out nice.

One of the 57's will end up looking something like each of these: