View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 03:59 PM   #17
hugger6933

Re: 72 new rockers and door fitment

The door hitting the A pillar may be because they tried to raise it to clear the rocker. the door needs to rotate towards the back in the pocket[ that is what we body guys call the door opening in stead of saying door opening.] The door needs to rotate counter clock wise but it is already hitting the rocker. The whole thing looks to me like they didn't place a piece of square tube from the floor to the roof, and when the inner rockers were exposed or the bolts in them were loosened it caved. you can actually here it cave when you loosen the inner rocker bolts if your not braced. If you can find a similar truck you need a measurement from the top of the rocker to the bottom of the roof to see how much you need before going any farther. I have a 69 in my shop right now that I'm doing floors, rockers front and rear pillars and footwells. I braced my[customers] cab up first and the rockers and stuff fit just back as they were when the General welded the truck together. Good luck it looks like you gonna need to cut it all out and start over again, like I said in an above it may go as deep as the floor being in crooked. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote