Thread: 58 TRUK intro
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 04:22 PM   #438
_Ogre

Re: 58 TRUK intro

your truck is looking good, very nice

the door harness loom i made has worked well for 5 yrs and 26,000 miles
no shorts or broken wires to date

the tube is 5.625 long, the tube slot is 3.5'' long and maybe a 1/16'' wider than the tube
the important part is the pivot placement; .375'' from the end of the slot and the tube
the pivot is a 1/8'' roll pin, drill the pivot in the tube right on the edge of the wall
only the bottom hole in the plate is 1/8'' all others are a loose fit to make it easier to install the pin
the loose fit means i can drop the pin in 75% and less hammering near finished door jamb paint
the aluminum plate was cut with a jig saw and filed to shape, same for the door jamb hole

here is a link to the pic so you can download it and zoom in, if you want
http://s306.photobucket.com/user/_og...ml?sort=3&o=26

my paint was done as is yours so tape everything up well

in the door i have a round 1.5'' hole, it was easier to drill with the door hung
to line up both holes in the jamb and door i laid out the tube location when the door was closed
then drilled a hole in the jamb to match the center of the tube; closed the door and transferred the center to the jamb

i made a .25'' pvc guide with a square hole as a guide and used double side tape to secure it
the pvc failed, try to use delron or some other plastic sheet material and screw it to the door
right now i have no in door guide on the drivers door, it has been that way for 3 yrs

i recommend doing the pass door first as you will learn a lot on the first install
i did the drivers door first... it has always squeaked a bit
if you need any more info or help post back

how to put your truck year and build thread into your signature
shop air compressor timer
_Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote