View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 05:05 PM   #1
Baddflash

New to board '69 C10 lwb

Hey guys, been lurking around the board for awhile now and thought since I've learned a lot about these trucks in the last year of owning one I should try to offer some assistance where I can and give back a little for all the excellent info I've found here. I am in Edmonton Alberta so rust free doesn't really exist here.
This is my 2nd '69, my first was a custom/20 I bought basically sight unseen for $200. The truck itself while fairly original and low mileage was very rusty and every panel save for the hood was in bad shape. It did however have a very nice low mileage untouched '73 350 (010 block) crate engine and a decent interior including original am radio. However that was about it.

Within a couple weeks I found another '69 this time a c10 with only 70k miles in completely original condition. A few hours later and $1200 less in my pocket I bought this.

Sadly while I did get the engine running on 5 cylinders only, it had sat for so long it would have needed a rebuild, and as much as I like all original I've been down the i6/3spd path before. Being I had a perfect donor on hand I went about swapping all I could from the c20 to the c10 before sending it on its way for $185.
Here's the truck as it stands, still working on repairing the rust damage in the bed area so I can install a new floor then I can pull the bed off and begin work on the rockers and cab corners. I'm sure this is too long already so I'll end with a few more pics.

Posted via Mobile Device
Baddflash is offline   Reply With Quote