View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 04:06 PM   #22
roger55

Re: TF small back window glass install?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68JOHNDEERE View Post
Nice Job roger, looks great. To help you with the windshield head to this you tube link

https://youtu.be/LsSB4Kad4qA
You were the one to push me to keep going on back glass. When I first read what you said, I was saying "no way" to myself and I was ready to pull it back out. Thanks again.

And thanks for the video. It's a very good one. I just watched it.

This is a very similar install as the w/s I did on my '55 Bel Air. My wife helped me with that one and we had no trouble at all. We even did it twice. I wanted to do a trial fit without sealer just to make sure there wasn't. That one had the stainless and I wanted to make sure there weren't any issues with the fitment of that too so I installed all of it.
Then removed it all and the w/s, put the sealer on and put it back in. It went as smooth as could be. I hope I have the same luck with the truck.

I've heard there can be issues with how aftermarket windshields fit these trucks in the corners. I bought the w/s locally at a glass shop that will work with me if there's any issue with it.
The w/s I removed from this truck was the original and it fit just like it should have so I know I don't have any issue with the shape of the opening. I was really lucky because this truck had never even been in a wreck. A few dings (and of course some rust) but that was it.

I've never used those suction cups before. I think I should get a couple. I just checked and Lowe's has them in stock for $7 and they say good for 40 lbs. a piece. I think I will make me one of those tools with a ball on the end too. I didn't have that stuff for my w/s and back glass install on my Bel Air and did fine without them. But after this experience with the truck back glass, I want to be more prepared for the w/s.
roger55 is offline   Reply With Quote