View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 07:51 PM   #1
roger55

Getting started on my windshield install. Would appreciate some help.

You guys helped me tremendously on my back glass install a couple of days ago and I'm ready to do my windshield.

As a preliminary step, I set the glass in place without the rubber on it just to see how it matches up with the channel.
As you can see, I put a couple of small pieces of rubber under the w/s for it to rest on.

I think there's a problem so I stopped and took some photos so I could post them here for advice.

Just for info, this truck has never been hit and had the original w/s in it when I bought it a few years ago. It fit fine. It was just old looking. Dang, now I wished that I had saved it to compare to my new replacement.

Something seems off. It appears that it is too wide to me. I don't think it should be more wide than the pinch weld but it is. Anyway here's the photos. I'd like to hear what you experts have to say before I proceed. I don't want to fight with this if there's is something wrong.
I think there's a problem so I stopped and took some photos so I could post them here for advice.

It's pretty well centered and both corners are out further than the pinch weld. (The pinch weld is primer gray beyond where it was taped when the cab was painted.)

So like I said, help will be appreciated. What do you guys think? As you can see it was made in China. I got it from a local glass shop. I think they would stand behind this if there is a problem even though I bought it quite a while back.
I could even see if they could come to the house and try to install it.
roger55 is offline   Reply With Quote