View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 12:57 PM   #1997
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Markeb01 Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratexpress1369a View Post
how well do you they work in cold temps below 0.F
I won’t know that answer until the end of the year, but I’ll post an update once I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by likaroc13 View Post
What alternator are you going with? I just swapped in a Powermaster 165amp on my Tahoe this past December. I had Summit do a price match & saved a little over $40! I dig the GoPro & want to get one for myself one day as well.
I went with the natural finish 47294 Powermaster. They list it as 140 amps, however Summit advertises it as 150 amps, so I’m not sure if it’s been upgraded and Powermaster takes longer to update their catalog than Summit needs to update their specs. I could have saved a few bucks buying it from Amazon, but didn’t really want to rock the boat seeing as how I was returning an electrical component.

I checked the tracking this morning and it arrived in Spokane last night, so I’ll definitely have it for installation on Monday. I’m sure looking forward to getting the truck back into service so we can go play with the new tach and camera!

We already have a 150 mile trip scheduled for later next week to give the new additions a good test run.