View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 05:06 PM   #55
l92powered77

Cool Re: 1977 c10 6.2 L92/6l80e swap.. pics

--Update

I have now recieved driveshaft.

I am waiting to tow truck to exhaust shop and get mufflers and oxygen sensors and tail pipes put on, right now all I have is the headers bolted on and need everything collector back.

I sprayed underbody rubber spray on the inside floor of truck after a light sanding and Rustoleum primering.This was followed by Dynamat Extreme being placed on top of rubber coating.I used exactly 36 sq ft of the dynamat sound deadening material.Dynamat sells a 36 sq ft box and this is perfect size for entire floor.i found that is was cheapest at 150 at sonicelectronix but had a problem with them and now order through summit using price match since they list it for 250 so yeah price match it is.

I went to pick n pull and found a 1985 c20 bench seat and after cleaning it for 3 hours i decided to pull a bracket off and go test fit and SOB did not fit!! Next day went to pick n pull and found a 1979 c10 bench seat. This had the brackets that had the downwards bend i needed. I read on a thread here that the 1973-1979 brackets are different than the 1980-1987. Now just gotta reupholster the seat as its seen better days.As I was leaving yard a guy approached me offering his reupholster services to me at 180 for vinyl and whatever oem used originally.We will see.

I have new dashboard from classic industries and door panels from lmc truck, i hope the color matches

Saving money for gauges now, i am thinking auto meter or dakota digital have also been looking at speedhut. Undecided still trying to be cost effective here but also precise.

Still gotta finish power steering lines, i recieved new pulley and adaptor fitting from dirty dingo.

Been real busy and havent done anything to truck recently. Now iits time to finish this and get her kicking a$$
l92powered77 is offline   Reply With Quote