Thread: Truck Haven
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2015, 09:21 PM   #6
trapdoor2

Re: Truck Haven

Just a shout out for Chuck and "Truck Haven" (Unionville, TN...just outside of Shelbyville). Visited today and took the nickle tour. Basically a small hobby/retiree parts yard, clean and fairly well organized. About a dozen 67-72 C10 trucks in various states of disrepair (two small window 67's) and several sheds of 'stuff': lots of OEM sheet metal, engine parts, etc, etc.

Chuck is about as nice as you can get, knowledgable and helpful.

I scored a pair of bench seat-tracks (the handle on mine is broken off) and a nice, clean Q-jet for rebuilding this winter.

I tried to talk Miz Diane into buying his set of Buddy-Buckets but she likes the bench seats (frankly, I do too...so no big deal). Price there wasn't all that good...but he was also not terribly keen on selling them.

Great thing about the trip is that he had a truck sitting out which had the 2/4 drop. Miz Diane took one look and said, "I like it. Get it done on ours."

He also had a clean rolling-frame in the yard that I used to show Miz Diane about frame and undercarriage parts. She's not a car-person, so it really helped her to see the basic parts out in the open.

I'll go back in a heartbeat. Can't beat dealing with pleasant folks!

ps: thanks to austin160 for posting his info!
trapdoor2 is offline   Reply With Quote