Thread: Project Roxy
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 02:13 PM   #1
Domer

Project Roxy

So i have finally decided to post a build thread. My project is a 77 C10. I got it bagged and body dropped from a good friend of mine. It had a full custom chassis under it, and it would cruise and steer 1/2" off the ground. I rolled it for awhile.
Here is what it started as when i got it.

The problem was it was underpowered and the engine leaked like a siv, and the trans was slipping. so i pulled it a part and started working. I built a 355 for it with a forged crank, H-beams rods, and dish pistons, with a set of World Sportsmen 2 heads with a 76cc chamber. giving me a ratio of 8:1. Next came a 6-71 blower. Fed with a set of gold plated edelbrocks. ( this project was put together with wheeling and dealing). and a big blower cam. Had the TH350 built to handle the engine. Had a 2500 stall converter, and I already had an Impala rear axle, still with the 3.08 gears.

Here is version 2 of the truck.

I drove it for awhile and abused it pretty good. The problem with it was that the truck was cool to drive, but it wasn't fun to drive. it was alot of work and it didn't handle worth a damn. So on to phase 3 of the project. I ended up parting out most of the truck to friends, and i got a rolling chassis and nice body to start over with. The frame i had wouldn't have been condusive to try and modify to what i wanted to do. So after researching and reading everything i could find on making a c10 handle i went to work. As I am typing this I am at work and don't have alot of my progress pictures and will upload more later on at home.
I went to work on the crossmember, and notched it 3" to raise it up around the frame. I sectioned part of it to clear for a Rack and pinion from an 88 Tbird. I used Mcgaughy's drop spindles with 13" disc brake kit and 2 piston calipers. The control arms i ended up using were a set of DJM Drop arms that i got for $100. The coils are an unknown amount of drop. I did the caster mod with the lower control arms and pushed the lowers forward 3/4" and drilled out the pins and replaced them with 7/16-20 allen cap bolts in grade B16 for strength with a set of toplock nuts. Giving me a total of about 10" drop in the front.
I bought a Longacre caster/camber gauge and have been setting up all the front geometry, and have been working on my Instant centers and roll centers, and am getting it close to were it shouldn't handle like an old truck anymore.
Transmission was replaced with a T56 from a 95 Camaro, and clutch and billet flywheel are from local place here in san diego. The rear end right now has flip kit, 3 leafs removed, and a drop shackle. This is what came on the truck when i got it, and i have not gotten that far i mods yet.
So here is a teaser picture for right now and will upload more soon.

Domer is offline   Reply With Quote