View Single Post
Old 06-18-2015, 02:13 PM   #1
Raptor0206

The 1966 c10 Rebuild

Hey guys this is my first post on here and i wish it was a better one that's for sure! Anyways I just got my hands on the new to me project Tuesday after a trip to the police station, 4 different cops and 2 different tow trucks. Here's a little back story. 5 years ago my girlfriend's dad "gave away" his 1966 C10 to a "family friend" because he wanted someone that was into cars/trucks to enjoy it because he was a owner operator and didn't get much time to enjoy the truck. He had it in non-op since 04. Well 2 weeks after given the guy the truck her dad went to his house to give him the title, the guy had moved. He called no answer, he called his mom and told her to have him call for the title. Never did. He kept on calling for about a month. Then every year when the non-op paper work would show up. Her dad kept paying the fees because well it was still his at this point. Now fast forward to this year, we got some news from someone that the truck had been stripped. But no one could tell us where it was. We then went ahead and did a few internet searches and found his new address. From the birds eye view we can see a white truck in the driveway but not the blue 66. We then called and texted him and he pretty much told us to go jump off a cliff. We told him we just want the truck back and would pay for any work that has been done ect. He never responded. Well this week we made a trip down to California and drove by the house and seen the truck in a tent in the driveway, primered missing the front grill and piles of crap on the hood. So we went down to the local Police department and talked with them about it. They told us we had all legal right to get the truck and told us to make contact at the house, if there was a problem call us and we will come out. We went by the person inside refused to answer the door. So we called them up and had a officer make contact. The wife said as soon as he gets home he will push the truck out onto the street and they can have it. She requested at we depart the area for about 5 hours until it gets on the street. We did. Came back to find the truck on jack stands and nothing left. We called the police back to have them come by to talk about the wheels and parts. He went to the house and asked them for the parts. They said they don't have anything, what you see is what you get. We then offered to pay cash for the parts so we could at least get it out of there.....nothing. So we called around and the first 5 tow company's we called said sorry but we are not going to mess up our truck beds. Then we found one that said they will do it but 100 a hour plus miles but would be a hour and a half. So we had them come anyways because at this point the cops said they would have to impound it if its not moved stat! We called another tow company and told them about it and they said they would have someone there in 30. The cop said that he doesn't have time to wait around and left. We then see a 70's c10 truck down the street park so we go down there to see if he possibly had wheels or knows someone that does but no luck. On the way back we see the "family friend" in the front yard walking back into the house flicking us off. At that point I didn't notice it but he came out and kicked the passenger side door in. So some time goes by and the first tow company shows up and gets to looking at the truck and the dude comes out of the house threatening the tow truck driver so he said screw this crap im out and takes off. Then the dude runs down the street at my truck with my girlfriend in it and starts to threaten her and her dad. Comes back up the street at me but wont come anywhere near me running his mouth and goes back in the house. Well as soon as my girlfriend seen him coming to the truck she called the cops again. Cops came out and as soon as they get there the other tow truck company comes. Hes looking at it and was like yeah we can do it but its gonna suck. At this point I didn't care I just want the truck and to leave we fight this thing to get it on the truck. At the same time his wife comes out of the house runs up to the cop car and says I threatened to kill her and her family. I laughed it off and kept trying to get the truck on the tow truck. Then the cop calls me over to the cop car and asked me about it. I told him I haven't said crap to the people I don't even know these people I'm just trying to get this out of here. He takes my ID and says well I have to note it. Whatever. After some time we get this truck on the flat bed and we were gone. Get it home and unloaded. Towed it 5 miles and the tow came out to $220.00.
Well if your still reading here is what I got my self into
Before:

The interior was just redone with new carpet, seat.

And here is how we got it:

This is where you can see the door is fine. I took these pictures right when we got there to find the wheels and tires gone...well along with the rest of the damn truck

This is when we got it home and I noticed the shoe print

At least the engine is still in it

And sadly the rest.....

Heres a better shot of the door

Both bed sides are dented in like door in the back

So this truck is gonna be put back together and given back to my girlfriends dad as a retirement gift. He had to retire because in cali they passed a new smog law and outlawed his truck for being too old.

IF ANYONE HAS PARTS TO GET THIS BACK TOGETHER LET ME KNOW WE ARE IN VEGAS SO WE CAN HIT CALI OR AZ EASY
Thanks for looking I will update progress on it from time to time
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote