Thread: Here it is
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2015, 01:12 PM   #1
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Here it is

I don't have her home yet because of a plugged fuel filter. I have been looking for a Burb for while and SSTim referred this one to me. Long story short I made deal and me and my wife drove down to Portland, Oregon to pick her up. It only has 52,000 original miles but sat for many years and the man I bought it from just bought it this past Spring. He changed all the rad hoses, put a new timing chain and water pump on the BB and generally cleaned up and installed an in line fuel filter on the line between new fuel pump he installed and the carb. He also added and installed a new fuel filter near the fuel pump on the tank side of the fuel pump, only he neglected to tell me that and you can't see it from under the hood. Anyway after 500 miles and only 5 minutes from former board member Mr B's place the Burb stalled but then started and ran again. I still had 750 miles to go and wasn't comfortable driving that distance so I left it with A.J and rove home. On the way home the self called me and told me about the extra fuel filter and I wish he would have called the day before. Anyway its getting shipped the rest of the way home. The Burb is an unmolested 71 C20 with a BB, tilt, tach and buckets and drives real nice. It needs some cosmetic stuff and there are a few rust spots but I like it. Anyway enough dribble about my trip, so on with the pictures. I will put more pics in next thread.
Attached Images

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote