View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 01:57 AM   #17
Crash0637

Re: Ryans Budget 58 Build

I got the engine installed recently. Took a little thought to come up with motor mounts. Also I had to remove the crossmember I believe that was the factory trans crossmember. I am still amazed how NoClassic managed to put in his 5.3 swap with this crossmember in place. I bought the laptop out to the garage and was staring at his build scratching my head wondering why my motor and trans just wouldn't cooperate like his did.

This picture is hard to see, but this is the factory crossmember I removed to make the swap work. I went to war with this thing! Not sure on how many rivets were holding it in place, but I also ended up removing the old front leaf spring attachment points too. Does anybody know the magic way to remove the old rivets?

The only thing I didn't try was adding heat, as I don't have a torch set.....yet

I would love some feedback on these mounts from some of the fabrication pros out there. Good or bad. This is what I came up with, I used the factory 5.3 truck mounts and fabbed up 4 different pieces of plate steel on each side, they are welded directly to the boxed frame rails.
Crash0637 is offline   Reply With Quote