View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 10:31 AM   #165
dunce79

Re: Dunce's 59 Fleetside build

Radiator is from Champion Radiators. They have a website and ebay store, also used their shroud but I didn't like how it fit all the way around the rad so I cut the sides off a bit and screwed it to the mounting flanges on the rad. Fan is a Flexalite Syclone 16 inch. It pulls 2500cfm and I've used it before on a camaro with 383. It doesn't even have a shroud and it keeps the camaro cool so I have some confidence in it. Not sure on the rad yet though - haven't tested it out of course.

To get around the heater hose problem I used some heater hose with molded in 90 degree bends at the water pump and just ran it forward and up/around the ac compressor. Probably cleaner ways to go like routing the stuff on the other side of the fender or I think you can pull those fittings out of the water pump and thread in actual 90 degree or AN fittings if you like. But I was after quick/simple and functional without looking shoddy. I may eventually use some gates heat shrink clamps on the hoses after I get through through whatever bugs await me during/after the first start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGglaSS View Post
Dunce, very nice work! I will also be stealing your x-member, seat belt, and battery access mods. I was wondering what radiator and fan? My heater hose ports are too close to the upper control arm. Did you have to modify to make them fit?
dunce79 is offline   Reply With Quote