View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 03:59 PM   #12
Billyburban

Re: 4" LOWERING SPRINGS 70 Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod1701 View Post
So, I went with 4shongo's advice. I took down the A-arms and cut of 1/2 a coil on the front springs. I will admit that with all the warnings against cutting lowered springs or going lower than 3" on the front, I was nervous. In the end I figured if i screwed it up it would cost another $100 for another set of springs. Money I would rather spend on something else but in the end that would be about it.
I did have to cut off the bump stops and the ride is pretty stiff but the springs aren't bouncing around in the pockets and it seems to have brought the front down to a level I can live with. I would still like a little more of a rake but I think I have pushed my luck as far as I dare.
Hopefully my pics will attach. I bought this truck just over 2 years ago. Timing was all wrong as we were moving into a new place that needed some semi-major attention but the price was sooo right. As with most projects, it got put on the back burner for all of life's other things. It is nicknamed "Rusty" because of his color and condition.
Over the last few weeks have installed the CPP 3/4 drop kit and springs. Then went back and cut 1/2 a coil off the front springs. Also added the distressed/vintage door logos. At the same time I wanted to do something a little more trick with the 6-lug truck rally center but after much frustrating research, for and there were not alot of options so bolted on come centers from a 90s model. Not the look that I wanted but cleaner and lower profile than original centers.
Was wondering if your rear axle sits on the bumper stops ? I got a CPP 4inchHD coils in the back of my 7O suburban an its sitting in a the rear axle
Attached Images

Billyburban is offline   Reply With Quote