View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 12:17 AM   #266
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

Re: My 1961 crew cab- XRMYCRU

thanks guys!

I have the exhaust about 96% done and in.
funny, once I got the drivers side pipe set and in it took me about a quarter the amount of time to do the passenger side-

lots of trimming and cutting to get the pipes from the manifold to line up with the notch in the frame and the tail pipe... and luckily I decided to pull a starter and install it, because I needed to trim the pipe a tiny bit more to clear.

in front of the mufflers I was able to use the factory hanger on the drivers side, and then I cut two more rivets @#!!!! (getting tired of them, but good at doing it at the same time ) and moved the front hanger to the passenger side. there were factory holes already in the right spot to mount it.

-part of the 2%- I still need to fab up a connection from the rear suburban muffler hanger bracket to the frame.

at the rear I was able to use some of the suburban exhaust hanger brackets (2 more rivets!) to hang the tail pipes under the frame rail.

-the other 2%- I need to cut the ends off, (right now they take a 90 degree turn stick out the side) and hang a bumper and put the box on to see where it all needs to come out, and what tips to use... or if I can/ should route them to the side under the fender.

I should have taken a pic of all the pipe I cut off to make this all fit!

with this routing, the only part that the exhaust hangs below the frame is right at the bellhousing cross member, and even there it only hangs down about an inch.
Attached Images

Last edited by jonzcustomshop; 08-01-2015 at 12:23 AM.
jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote