View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 08:41 PM   #1091
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Ok, checked in on her today and went to drop off the glovebox, ashtray, heater and radio delete plates (I don't plan to use them, but want them to match eventual paint if needed) and the patch pieces for the extra radio holes the original owner put in.

Found the firewall holes are nearly done being filled; much to my pleasure, and the poor original cab corner patches had been ground off to reveal rusted but not cancerous inner cab corners below. Painter has also cut out the cancer in the bottom of the kick panels and has fabricated the patches, though they're not welded in yet.

In this picture ^^^ can someone remind me what the bolt is that is below the hood hinge bolts? I should remember but admit I don't. He wanted to fill them but I couldn't tell him what they were for so I told him to hold off. L

Also, what, did you guys with smooth firewalls do where that sheet metal retainer that holds the original fiber "washer" - I guess it's called - that the parking brake rod goes through? Should I close it off or leave it? Tentatively was going to leave the original parking brake lever but maybe there's a better option that'll show less? What did you guys do with the two square nuts right in the middle on the driver's side of the firewall?

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!

Last edited by Dan in Pasadena; 08-05-2015 at 08:53 PM.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote