View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 09:26 PM   #1098
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrieG View Post
1. Bolt below the hood hinge. I just had a hole there and filled it, haven't run into anything that bolts there.
This seems to be the consensus, I'll just fill the holes.

Quote:
2. I used a different ebrake set up so filled that one too.
3. I replaced the two square nuts, and any other bolts required to hold stuff on the inside (I think they are for the dash support above the column) with elevator bolts (see photo below) welded to the cab side of the fire wall.
Can you tell me the size & thread of the elevator bolts, if you recall? So with the dash supports still in place I can simply substitute the elevator bolt for the existing bolts, THEN tack the edges of the flat head onto the firewall sheet metal and hack off the square nuts on the engine side?

Quote:
I only kept the throttle hole, hinge battery tray and stock fire wall ground bolt, welded up the other 43 holes (1/8 - 1.5 diameter). I kept the factory ridges, did not want the total smooth look.
Hmmm, where is the "stock fire wall ground bolt"? I'm planning to frame mount my battery. My throttle had three holes, well actually six because someone re-mounted it over 1/2" at some point. A hole for the rod and two bolt holes. He's fling them now and my throttle cable will come out of the cab lower then the firewall indent - I hope!

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote