View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 06:47 PM   #2613
magwakeenercew2jh
RAT1968 '68 Cab/'71 Parts

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
Mine was $150.00! I thought it was high but after watching him do his magic I was very pleased with it. He started at 8am this morning and was almost 1PM when he finished.
Right. One more disadvantage in living in California is that everything, even in my little burg, is higher than elsewhere in the country.

Maybe not a dinner out in NYC, but you know what I mean.

When I was driving up there, I was thinking, "Well, if it's $100, I'd be happy." "If it's $150, I'll still do it." "But, if he says anything over $150, I'm out."

Then, I began to think about the referrals I've had from people I trust, the pictures on his "site", seeing the work on cars he's done at car shows...
And seeing the cars of all kinds in his shop...not just upscale Ferraris...but Soccer Mom vehicles...I like that. Then, figuring from what he says, he's
on it at 9:00 a.m. on the day in question...no one else doing it but him... and RAT'll be done no earlier than 4:00 p.m.

That's $35.71/hr. His rental space and equipment and materials. Plus, I haven't done anything to the paint since It was new.
Time for a polish and seal and a new cover.

$250's a big bite for me. But I'm bellying up to the bar.
But always a rat.