View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 12:57 AM   #27
rickcdewitt

Re: 70 k20 build that somehow turned into a frame off resto-swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgross View Post
nice build... Did you consider a 2-4" lift and cleared the pan...
thanks, i'm trying to build something that makes me drive it rather than the toyota.i just skipped over some of your build,54 pages! i've always liked the 327 too.

i did want to run the truck pan but when you mix in keeping most of the stock crossmember with a 10 bolt that has larger yoke/u-joint and webbing than a d44,plus stockish height so pulling 10,000+ lbs isn't scary on mountain roads and i went for the 5 quart job. i try to justify it by planning to run the oil cooler and a big oil filter to keep some oil capacity.

when its done a lift and tires might be in the future later though.

todays mishaps-

better pic of bracket,hopefully its not so stiff it causes trouble with the tailhousing?sturdy though.

and the 14bff steam cleaned and brackets gone. a buddy just gave me some 3/4t chevy 63"s left over from a toyota crawler project i helped him build so now i need to decide if i should use them instead of the newer 2500 springs before i can mount this hunk of iron?

and i need to research the easiest way to do a pinion seal on an otherwise leak free axle.

can i pull the 5 pinion support bolts to remove the pinion assembly, or does the carrier need to come out so i can use an inch pound wrench for final pinion bearing preload when tightening the pinion nut to spec?