View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 07:40 PM   #204
rs74

Re: Project Snowball- Slow build

I have good news and some bad news. Good news is I bought a $60 fuel sending unit with pump from RockAuto and got the parts truck running. The 5.3 donor seems to run pretty good. I let it run for about an hour or so. So hopefully before long I can get it pulled into the garage and start pulling it. I have decided to go ahead and put in a new cam and possibly new valve springs while I am in there.

The bad news is the trans needs rebuilt I was debating having it redone anyway. The whole purpose of the fuel pump was to see what the donor drivetrain needed before pulling so that is all okay. It served its purpose. I wanted to get it running before I pulled it so I didn't have any surprises after it was installed in the short bed.

I am going to start buying parts here and there soon. A cam and springs, Hooker manifolds and it looks like a rebuilt trans and stall converter. I am going to pick up a 2010 Camaro water pump and a few other odds and ends. Once I can get the engine and trans done and set in the truck then I can focus on getting the under dash wiring and duct work put in and then finish body work then paint. Quite the process. Lol

1987 R10 shortie
rs74 is offline   Reply With Quote