Thread: Die-cast 67-72
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 06:19 AM   #1354
special-K
Special Order

Re: Die-cast 67-72

I first experienced that with the little black deuce couple with flames (1st edition) came out. I was at Spring Carlisle and these were going for $10-15 all over the place. And these weren't limited edition/special offers or anything like that. They were off the pegs carded stock. It was a very well done casting/paint job. I had to have one, so when I saw one for $5 I bought it and felt I did best as I could there. I tarted seeing them in the stores a couple months later. I was finding 4-5 in one store visit. I ended up with 20+ of those things for $.98@.

That's one thing different abut diecast collecting, people go nuts over fresh and new over old and preserved and it's all about price guides. People climb over each other and pay dearly to get a new release, when a 10-15 year old limited release may not be work as much as it was new.

I admit my first impulse was to bid to win on that black '67. Then I decided I can wait and casually buy a couple later. But I only ever found a few 1st releases, never saw any yellow w/flames in a store, and I knew I wouldn't be fighting to find a green one at Kmart. I'll end up buying this '67 online, unless I see one at a show. I guess I could get lucky at a store. Hardly seems worth it with all the dealers getting to the good stuff before it hits the floor

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote