View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 10:14 PM   #34
hugger6933

Re: need primer advice

Go to the paint store and get some mixing cups. they have the gradations on them for different amounts and different formulas. Lets say this mixes 1 to 1 there will be a ratio for that and the line. You pour in the primer then the reducer or what ever mixes to the next line that way your consistent in the mixing and just pour in to the cup and stir like I sometimes do. I have been pouring into cups since before some of the guys on here was born before those fancy cups came along. It is not what I would suggest you do use the cups like I say. Only mix up a gun full at a time so you don't get primer hardening before you can get to it. The thing to do about the gun is get some lacquer thinner and run through it then take it apart and clean it. I make a rule, it is is mixed and sprayed the gun gets a teardown to clean and refresh. Otherwise your gonna use the gun one time where it sprays ok next time it barely will and if it will at all on the third time you will be wanting another gun to prime with. I use those guns that come in a kit with a couple of them in a bubble pack for like $70 bucks. I have been using the same primer gun for I don't know maybe 8 years or so and the same cheapo type gun with different tips for paint up until recently I bought some new Devilbiss guns but i still use the old cheap one for primer.
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote